We are pleased to offer in person Private Sessions
following the new Government Social Distancing Guidelines
or if you prefer through our OnlineLive Meeting Space.
What is MBSR?
Developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre, MBSR is based on a form of meditation known as mindfulness.
Mindfulness is a basic human quality, a way of learning to pay wise attention to whatever is happening in your life. Allowing you a greater sense of connection to your life inwardly and outwardly.
Mindfulness is a practice, a systematic method aimed at cultivating clarity, insight and understanding. In the context of your health, mindfulness is a way for you to experientially learn to take better care of yourself, by exploring and understanding the interplay of mind and body and mobilizing your own inner resources for coping and growing.
Nearly four decades of scientific research suggest that training in mindfulness and MBSR can positively and often profoundly affect participants’ ability to reduce medical symptoms and psychological distress while learning to live life more fully.
Content of the MBSR Programme
Please find here the topics covered in the programme:
- Recognising the present moment
- Perception & creative responding
- Practice, practice, practice
- Stress Reactivity: Investigation of the ways we often cope by escape or denial. The shadow side of our conditioned coping patterns.
- Stress Response: Responding positively and pro-actively to stressful situations and experiences.
- Interpersonal mindfulness / mindful communication
- Applying mindfulness
- Making mindfulness a part of your life
Dear Susann, I just want to write and say an ENORMOUS ’Thank you’ for all of your support, guidance, kindness and warmth over the past few months while I have been on the course…
I have gained so much insight into myself, and how to deal with life’s ups and downs in a far more positive way. I know, I now have a tool for life, that I can use in pretty much any circumstance…
I have a new way of being and I am eternally grateful to you for showing me how to get there!
You have become a very significant person in my life and I feel so lucky to have met you! I would not be where I am now without you. Thank you, Susann, with love and giant hugs
The course made sense to me and had helped me much more than two previous mindfulness courses at a Buddhist centre. Thank you for making it so accessible, grounded and enjoyable.
Meditation changes my perspective; the doom and gloom disappear and becomes light in the sky!
What I have learned from the MBSR programme will stay with me for life.
I would highly recommend this course to everyone – and I will!
Thanks so much for the course, it really was life changing.
I found your explanation at the end of the last class profound and moving – it was a bit of an epiphany for me about the importance of really living one’s life fully and enjoying the moment.
I would like to thank you for this experience. It has fundamentally changed the way I think – about myself, other people, and about how I experience my life. I’ll be sure to keep on meditating and will aspire to be mindful about whatever things come my way – whether they feel positive, negative or neutral!
Who will benefit?
The MBSR Programme benefits anyone reporting a variety of conditions and concerns
- Stress – including work, school, family, financial, illness, ageing, grief, uncertainty about the future and feeling ’out of control’.
- Medical conditions – including chronic illness or pain, high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease, asthma, skin disorders and many other conditions.
- Psychological distress – including anxiety, panic, depression, fatigue and sleep disturbances.
- Preventing and Wellness – including health enhancement and wellness focused on prevention and learning the ’how’ of taking good care of yourself and feeling a greater sense of balance.
How does MBSR work?
By practising in sessions, and by listening to guided meditations at home during the week, you learn, practice and integrate mindfulness into your everyday life.
Highly participatory, supportive and structured, the MBSR Programme will provide you with:
- guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices.
- gentle stretching and mindful yoga.
- group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life.
- individually tailored instruction.
- daily home assignments.
- guided meditations and handouts.
The programme is challenging and life-affirming. Participating in the Stress Reduction Programme requires an ongoing commitment to yourself.
The private MBSR programme is being held in Freshwater Bay or OnlineLIVE. However, if you prefer your home or another location, we are happy to discuss this further.
- 10 sessions of 90 mins each
- Cost including handouts & guided meditations: POA
15 min Initial Conversation on the phone free of charge or
60 min Orientation Session in Freshwater or OnlineLIVE : £ 80
After an Orientation Session, if you decide to start the private MBSR programme within four weeks after the initial meeting, we will take £ 80 off the cost of the private programme.